Mold:The Silent Killer in Your Home

Posted on Jul 24, 2014 in Health

If you have headaches and difficulties in breathing especially in the morning, mold can be the one to blame if you sleep in an excessively heated room with a high moisture. Fungus or mold spores are spread in the air, thus getting into the living quarters where, in favorable conditions of temperature and humidity, they multiply without limit. In other words, in order to proliferate, the mold needs moisture and food, including dead cells from the body, which can not be seen with the naked eye, but also hairs.

Where there is mold, mites grow rapidly and will affect your health in many ways

Allergies

The most common health problems generated by mold are allergic reactions and irritations that occur as a result of inhaling spores or getting into contact with contaminated surfaces. Allergic reactions can manifest as allergic rhinitis, sneezing, runny nose, red eyes and skin irritation. The severity of the symptoms depends on the degree of exposure and on the sensitivity of each body.

Asthma

Mold spores are also a cause of the appearance or worsening of asthma, given that the increasing frequency of this respiratory disease is the consequence of people spending more time indoors, in unventilated spaces. At the same time, the fungal sinusitis may be another consequence of inhaling mold spores in the house.

Neurological problems

Some molds release toxins that affect the nervous system and can cause headaches, difficulties in concentrating and even depression. Moreover, in some cases, the inhalation of spores of the mold has been associated with the occurrence of fatigue and memory problems. Also, prolonged exposure to certain molds can cause joint and muscle problems, cognitive disorders, vision problems and kidney and gastrointestinal diseases. The worst thing is that the immunity system is seriously affected and that children elders and pregnant women are most likely to suffer from mold.

Fight mold and its effects

With all these problems caused by the mold spores, you should seriously consider installing a dehumidifier in your house if you sense any sign of mold. You should read some reviews before shopping for a dehumidifier in order to know what you must look for.

The dehumidifier absorbs the extra moisture in the air and releases dry air in the room in order to prevent mold from affecting the walls and items in your house. Install a dehumidifier in the areas where condense is more intense, like dryers, kitchens, and bathrooms or in rooms where air circulation is poor and vapors are formed. The dehumidifier will absorb the wet air, run it through come cold coils and store the resulting water in a container until you will remove it, or you can choose a model that drains the excess water itself through a floor-level draining system.

Another website where you can find good dehumidifier reviews is bestdehumidifier.reviews. When reading reviews, pay attention to the manufacturer instructions. Certain rooms of the house, such as the basement, require a special type of dehumidifier which is immune to cold. Therefore, if your basement is the only room with a humidity problem, check out some basement dehumidifier reviews, whereas if you have problems in the whole house, look for portable or whole house dehumidifiers.